Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Top 10 Reasons I'm Excited About This Summer

10. As much as working for Express Employment Professionals has been a blessing over the years, a bit of break has become extremely necessary in order to maintain my sanity.

9. I get to sleep in a place with real central air conditioning... ALL SUMMER LONG!

8. I can see all the DC sights - all of them! ...And all the parts of the Smithsonian that I'm interested in. There will ne'er
be a boring lunch break!

7. Becki Byrd Wilson, my old (and maybe favorite) mission companion lives near Richmond. Thats only a couple hours away! This will be the first time I've got to see anyone from the mission since I've been home.

6. I'll find out if a career in Arts Management is really as cool as it sounds (and it sounds pretty dang cool!).

5. I get to meet Placido Domingo (I think)!
The Three Tenors, the Metropolitan Opera -- Yes, that Placido Domingo! He is the General Director of the Washington National Opera and the namesake of the Intern/Apprentice Program.

4. Two road trips with mom. I've been on many a road trip with my mother, but never just the two of us. I'm anticipating some great bonding and great memories.

3. I get to work for a REAL OPERA! I'll be on the inside, in the nitty-gritty, behind the scenes, experiencing it all! Is it just me, or is that the coolest thing ever!?!

2. I get to spend a lot of real, quality bonding time with Nancy and her family. By the time the summer is over I will know the kids' routines, languages, quirks, etc. Actually, I'll probably know some of Nancy's and Richard's too! I am so excited to be able to really get to know the whole family. Plus, Naomi is actually old enough to remember it!

and the number 1 reason is... drum roll please....

1. What has become a quite complex and involved day dream (and don't think I came up with this all by myself): I go to my first day of my internship only to find out that one of the other interns is a member of the church too. And this other LDS intern just happens to be male, single, and have cute dimples. He has just graduated so he is fully able to move to Texas for me and he even knows how to two-step. One pleasant evening after work we go for a leisurely stroll around DC and have our first kiss on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial (ok, that part I came up with myself). We then fall madly in love, get married, and immediately begin a life of opera-loving prosperity.

Yep. I'm a girl.

7 comments:

Farmer Joe said...

THat last little bit is a bit much for me, but good luck fo sho. Dimpled 2-steppers don't just happen every day ;)

Rebecca Reid said...

I hope your dreams come true. I did hear there were good singles wards out there, but that was years ago.

Rebecca Reid said...

Unless of course you're going to Nancy's ward...in which case I hear there are good *singles activities* too

Nancy Sabina said...

*giggles* Number 1 is hysterical, Ruth. But it does sound like a very nice fantasy. BTW - the Kennedy Center is not really in walking distance of all the sites in DC - so that might burst your "lunch hour" bubble. But maybe after work you could hit some stuff. You'll have to ride the metro over to the mall and that takes some time. I'd love to be able to meet you down there some time and do some of that stuff with you. We've done a shamefully small amount of that stuff while living here.

Jenny said...

It sounds like you are in for an awesomely fun summer!

Tyler and Jess said...

I love number 1!!! hehehe!

angela michelle said...

That is definitely my dream too!