Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pizza, Relief Society, and Ants on a Log

This week was one of the rare occasions when my roommate doesn't have to work on Friday. So, we decided to make it an official roommate hang-out day. This is what we did:

Lunch at DoubleDaves Pizza (famous for their pepperoni rolls). I had coupons for a free lunch buffet.

A one-hour time out from roommate hang-out day for me to have a Relief Society Presidency Meeting. This was my first meeting with my newly sustained counselors. They are amazing and I am so excited to see what they will bring to our sisters. Also, these are the daring two who will run things while I am gone all summer, but don't get released.

A very leisurely trip to
the grocery store for supplies. Our Bishop is the manager so half the ward works there. A routine trip to H-E-B has become quite the social experience.

Heather made strawberry freezer jam. I watched.

A couple other girls from the ward came over and we watched the new movie "Becoming Jane" while snacking on ants-on-a-log, chips n salsa, fresh cantaloupe, pretzels, and popcorn.

After the movie we spent a couple hours girl talking. It was so much fun! I love being able to go a whole day without worrying about homework!

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

I'm so glad to hear that you got some relaxation time. All I usually hear about is how crazy busy you are all the time. That sounds like a great girls day.

angela michelle said...

yay--sounds like great time off

kashurst said...

Aaaahh...I remember those days! What fun!