Sunday, April 27, 2008

Would You Care to be an Ogre or a Smurf Today?

Sometimes I feel like my life isn't all that different from that of my nieces and nephews that my siblings blog about. Today my roommate, Heather, and I had our last Sunday dinner together before I leave for the summer - poppyseed chicken, corn, a failed attempt at fried green tomatoes (yuck!), and for dessert...


Vanilla ice cream with cinnamon and food color of choice. Mine was blue. Heather's was green (she ate all of hers before we thought to take a picture). We decided hers was ogre ice cream and mine was smurf ice cream. Then we discussed how cool this would be for a Family Home Evening treat. Thats when I realized that I'm not all that different from a four-year-old in many ways.

4 comments:

Farmer Joe said...

Wow, so you are already getting ready to go? I didn't realize it was so soon...you must be totally stoked.

Congrats again.

Anonymous said...

School has just barely slowed down enough for me to get started getting ready to go. I have a week and a half, but next Sunday will be a ward break-the-fast dinner so this was our last time at home on Sunday.

And yes! I am totally stoked!!!

Nancy Sabina said...

I have decided that the parts of life where you can act like a 4 year old are the best parts. Just relaxing and having fun is important.

And I love those familiar dishes! Ahh the memories.

Rebecca Reid said...

Sounds like fun. I agree with Nancy--enjoy the fun things. And best of luck this summer!