Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Finished!

Finals are over! This crazy semester is over! I did it! I survived! And I think it turned out pretty good!

After a good scare with one of my classes involving a very misleading grading system, I feel confident that despite this being the heaviest load I've ever taken, I somehow managed to keep my GPA right up where I want it. Both semesters this year have ended with me in absolute awe at how the Lord has taken care of me and gotten me through it. I feel that my final grades really are miraculous. I don't know how I did it. I know that the Lord blesses those who put him first and serve him, but I've felt so many times this year like I haven't served him enough. But still he blesses me. I'm truly amazed.

My life this school year has been a roller coaster to say the least. In a matter of months - perhaps even weeks - I experienced some of the happiest moments and some of the most difficult of my life. I felt exhaustion of body, mind, and spirit like I didn't know was possible. I had the life sucked out of me and it took all my strength to painfully take it back. I can't even begin to measure the lessons I learned. Most of them I still haven't figured out how to fabricate into words, and many of them I don't think I've even realized yet. I found myself amazed at the love shown to me by my family and friends, and I learned what love isn't.
I felt that I became disconnected from those I serve for a time, but then, miraculously, I learned that I still made a difference. I finally got my very own paid-my-tithing-and-got-a-miracle story! I learned how to find the right road to make things happen in the performing arts world. I got to honor a lost friend and feel a special closeness to her from beyond the veil. I gained new confidence in myself in a lot of areas, but sadly lost it in other areas and I'm still trying to recover from that. The list could go on and on. I can't begin to describe the year its been. I'm relieved that its over, but more so I am amazed that Heavenly Father got me through it. I didn't do it myself. I couldn't have.

Up next: Two and a half weeks of full-time working and intense job searching, followed by an easy peasy five-week summer term, and then... heaven only knows (literally)!

6 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Well, congrats and here's to the unknown! You deserve something great. I'm sure it'll come along.

Jessica said...

good job on getting through the impossible.

Rachel said...

One thing I have learned through all our moves and all my hard times is there is always a reason and we can't always see why we were supposed to do something. Sometimes answers come quickly sometimes years later. Either way as long as we continue to put our faith and love in our Savior we will always come though o.k. Love ya goodluck and congrats!!!!

Kate said...

Although I see you at least twice a week, it still made me happy to see an update! Art history and yoga are so do-able!!

Josh said...

Congrats and a half, sis!
I like to think all of my teasing and persecution of you during our youth honed you into the incredibly amazing ball of pure concentrated awesomeness you are today.

angela michelle said...

what a beautiful post, ruthie. you have such great perspective. this really has been an amazing year for you. I'm excited to see what happens next, what all this has been preparing you for. congratulations on finishing!